Ginisang Kinchay at Tokwa
Also known as Stir Fry Chinese Celery with Tofu. This dish is stir fried with pork and shrimp.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ pound pork tenderloin sliced (or ground pork)
- ½ medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup broth or water shrimp, chicken or pork
- ½ pound 9 oz tofu cut into ½ inch x 1 inch
- 1 bunch kinchay 20 stalks Chinese celery – leaves only
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Fry tokwa (tofu) until golden.
Push the tofu to the side of the skillet and saute onion until translucent.
Saute garlic and cook until golden.
Stir-in pork and cook until pale.
Add shrimp cook until pink.
Pour broth or water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat.
Add soy sauce and fish sauce.
Simmer mixture for 3 minutes or until pork is tender.
Toss-in the kinchay (Chinese celery) leaves.
Season with salt and pepper
- You can add 1 large chopped tomato after sautéing the garlic.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.9mg