Cucumber Tomato Avocado Red Onion Zucchini with Chia Seeds Sandwich
If your New Year's resolution is to eat healthy try this light, healthy and delicious sandwich.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 pieces of bread toasted
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- 12 thinly sliced cucumber
- 12 thinly sliced yellow zucchini
- 10 cherry tomato cut in half
- 2 tablespoons red onion julienned
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- pepper to taste optional
- 1 small lime or lemon squeezed
- vinaigrette optional
Place sliced avocado in squeezed lime or lemon juice while preparing all ingredients.
Toast two pieces of bread. Any type of bread you like.
Lay sliced avocado on each bread.
Add a row of cucumber.
Add cherry tomatoes in a row.
Lay slices of yellow zucchini next to tomatoes.
Spread chia seeds.
If desired whisk a few drops of vinaigrette but not a lot. Enjoy!
- To slice avocado cut it in half. Peel manually with your fingers and slice or scoop avocado with a spoon.
- For a creamier avocado I prepare it soft but not overly ripe.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 974mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.7mg