Shrimp with Quail Eggs Recipe
Easy, simple and delicious Shrimp with Quail Eggs Recipe in creamy buttery sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup potatoes sliced diagonally
- 1 cup carrots sliced diagonally
- ½ cup green bell pepper seeded and cut
- ½ cup red bell pepper seeded and cut
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small sized onion minced
- 13 pieces large shrimps shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cup shrimp stock
- ¾ can baby corn
- 10 pieces quail eggs hard boiled
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- 3/4 cup sweet green peas
- 1 cup snow peas (remove top)
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a pan, add oil over medium heat.
Fry potatoes and carrots until golden light brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Saute red and green bell peppers for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Remove oil from pan. On the same pan, add butter.
Melt butter over low to medium heat.
Saute onions and cook for 2 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook until it turns pink.
Pour shrimp broth. Bring to a boil.
Put the baby corn and quail eggs. Cook for 1 minute.
Stir-in the carrots and potatoes for a minute.
Add the green peas and cashews and cook for 1 minute.
Pour in the evaporated milk and stir for 1 minute.
Stir-in the snow peas, green and red bell peppers.
Season with salt and pepper.
Turn of the heat.
Serve hot. Enjoy and make sure you have a lot of rice.
- Serve fish sauce on the side.
- As soon as you add the snow peas, season with salt and pepper and turn off heat. Don’t over cook the snow peas. It is good crisp.
- Fry the potatoes, carrots, green and red pepper so it doesn’t get mushy or soggy. It stays crisp when fried instead of simmering in the sauce.
- You can use quail eggs in a can if fresh quail eggs are not available in your area.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 754mg | Potassium: 831mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6825IU | Vitamin C: 75.8mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 4.4mg