Garlic Butter Dungeness Crab
Roasted Dungeness Crab in rich garlic butter sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Roasted Crab Recipe:
- 2 Dungeness Crab 2.75 pounds, half cooked
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 head garlic minced
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper cracked pounded in a mortar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
How to Prepare Cooked or Live Dungeness Crab
Use store-bought cooked Dungeness crab or live.
To cook live dungeness crab, wash & clean crab before boiling. Half cook in ½ cup water.
Open dungeness crab. Remove and discard apron, gills and hard part in mouth area. Refer to post for detailed explanation.
Scrape out crab butter if you want to serve on the side. Set aside. Otherwise, leave crab butter in body but scrape out the top shell cover and mix it with sauce. If you don’t care for it, wash in running cold water, careful not to remove the white meat.
Cook Garlic Butter Sauce
In a skillet, melt butter in low heat.
When butter is melted, saute garlic for about 2 minutes but don’t brown over medium to low heat.
Add cracked pepper, ground black pepper, chicken bouillon powder and sugar. Cook for a minute.
Set aside 3 tablespoons garlic butter sauce to cook crab butter separately. This step is optional if you want to mix the crab butter with the sauce.
Add dungeness crabs and mix well with sauce. Turn off heat.
Transfer dungeness crabs in baking pan pouring sauce over crab meat. Separate roasted garlic and spread over crabs.
Bake at 350 deg. F. If crab was bought cooked, cover baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover 5 to 10 minutes before done. Continue baking. If half cooked, do not cover and bake between 25-30 minutes.
Serve with lemon. Use a nut or lobster cracker for crab legs.
Saute Crab Butter
In the same skillet, add 3 tablespoons garlic butter sauce.
Toss-in crab butter over low heat.
Simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat.
Transfer crab butter in a small bowl and squeeze ½ or whole lemon.
Mix well. Serve Hot.
Serve this dish with Garlic Butter Pasta, if desired.
- To save you time, if serving this dish with Garlic Butter Pasta, make the garlic butter sauce all at once since sauce is similar to Garlic Butter Dungeness Crab. Add another 1/2 stick of butter to sauce. Take 1/2 cup of garlic butter sauce & stir-in oyster sauce then pasta. Click the link for Garlic Noodles for full recipe.
- Cooked dungeness crabs are sold at Costco and Sam's Club.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Cholesterol: 345mg | Sodium: 1837mg | Potassium: 1352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1752IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 1mg