Pancit Bihon Recipe
Pancit Bihon or Pancit Guisado is a popular Filipino noodle dish made of bihon noodles, pork, shrimp or chicken and an assortment of colorful vegetables.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic ,minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 pound ground pork or sliced pork
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 15 - 20 pieces green beans sliced on a bias
- 1 medium carrot sliced thinly on a bias and cut in half
- 6 cups shrimp broth (can be pork or chicken broth)
- 8 1/2 ounces bihon noodles
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 big stalks green onions chopped
- calamansi or lemon cut into wedges
- salt or fish sauce to taste
In a wok or a large skillet, add oil over medium heat.
Saute onion for 2 minutes
Add garlic and cook till golden brown.
Add fish sauce and pork.
Cook pork till pale brown.
Toss-in shrimp and cook till pink.
Saute green beans and cook for 1 minute.
Toss-in carrots and cook for 1 minute.
Pour broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low.
Stir-in soy sauce.
Slowly add bihon noodles, submerging it into the broth. In a few minutes, it will soften and will be easier to mix with the other ingredients.
While noodles are cooking, broth will be reduced until fully absorbed.
Season with salt or fish sauce.
Turn off heat. Serve hot with calamansi or lemon, ground pepper and fish sauce (patis) on the side. Enjoy!
- You can use pork, chicken, Chinese sausage or shrimp.
- Use chicken broth or shrimp stock to cook noodles. Make shrimp stock with shrimp head and peel. Check my post "How to Make Shrimp Stock".
- You can also soak noodles in water till softened. Put in a coriander to drain.
- Other vegetables can be used with this noodle dish. In fact, when I have leftover Ginisang Tokwa with Kinchay, I add broth and noodles and that's my other version of pancit. It is delicious.
- Under cook all the vegetables since it will continue to cook when noodles is cooking. Keep veggies crisp.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 2659mg | Potassium: 1801mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 5768IU | Vitamin C: 98mg | Calcium: 395mg | Iron: 9mg