Strawberry Lemonade Drink
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds fresh strawberries ½ frozen
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 5 large lemons
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup simple syrup or ¾ cup granulated sugar dissolved in ¾ water.
- ice cubes
- sliced strawberries
- sliced lemons
- mint leaves
If using simple syrup, place ¾ cup granulated sugar and ¾ cup water in a small sauce pan over low heat. Simmer mixture until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Otherwise, just use granulated sugar but you might find some sugar settling at the bottom of drink.
Combine 2 cup waters, strawberries, lemon juice and ½ cup simple syrup.
When strawberries are pureed, transfer mixture to pitcher. Add remaining water depending on consistency you prefer (runny or a bit thicker).
Taste mixture and see if you need to add remaining ¼ cup sugar or more. Note: When strawberries are in season and very sweet, it doesn’t require much sugar unless you really like it very sweet.
Refrigerate ½ a day or better yet overnight. Fruit flavors will blend well with a thicker consistency.
If you prefer, transfer to freezer until consistency is similar to a slushy drink or serve with ice instead (if you like) then garnish with sliced strawberries, sliced lemon and mint leaves.
- If you prefer a clear drink, first blend strawberries with 2 cups water then strain. Put back in blender and add other ingredients. I don’t strain my drink. I find it a waste of flavor and healthy ingredients like fiber. It’s your preference.
- Add more water if you like but I prefer a bit thicker drink.
- Adding oranges and grapefruit adds layer of flavor to this refreshing drink.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg