Tis the season and celebrate with Eggnog White Russian.
A great creamy spiced boozy drink to start the holiday season. This delicious Christmas cocktail is made with only 4 ingredients: eggnog, vodka, coffee liqueur and nutmeg.
Everyone will love this tasty vodka spiked eggnog while kids can have eggnog with chocolate syrup.
Christmas is around the corner and guess what you’ll find in your grocery coolers, eggnog. Time to get this seasonal frothy drink while supply last and give it a holiday twist.
Last Christmas, I was out of town and came back on New Year’s Day. From the airport, I stopped by at the grocery store to get a couple of cartons of eggnog and they were already out.
They had it on sale and the coolers were wiped clean. That was a bummer since I had to wait 10 months to get it.
Eggnog is not only good as a sweetened alcoholic drink but it can be used to make cookies, bread and pies.
Here’s what I do to have a supply for a few months. I buy 2 cartons, measured and portioned in small containers for baked goods or drinks and I freeze it. Now, I can make my goodies and drinks whenever I feel like it. Anyway…
If you are out of vodka, you can always use rum, brandy, cognac, bourbon or whiskey. I like making it with Kahlua or Bailey’s Irish Cream. Out of nutmeg, use cinnamon.
For some reason, when having Eggnog White Russian, it reminds me of a thick coffee latte with booze or a mudslide.
Eggnog is too sweet for my taste and a sip at a time is all I can take, but top it with alcohol it’s a different story.
On a cold winter day, it is nice to savor this tasty, not overpowering drink by the fire place. It is definitely delicious when served cold but another way of preparing it, is with warm eggnog.
During our Christmas celebration, with a few smokers in the family a warm Eggnog White Russian will keep them warm after freezing their butts braving the wind and cold weather.
If you’ve never had this drink, try it. You might end up making it every holiday season. Cheers!
How to make eggnog white russian recipe
Would you like to try another delicious drink, Pomegranate Cosmos, is great for the holidays too!
Try other recipes made of eggnog
Eggnog White Russian
- ½ jigger vodka (a jigger = 1 ½ ounces)
- 1 jigger coffee flavored liqueur (a jigger = 1 ½ ounces)
- ½ cup eggnog
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Place martini glass in fridge 2 hours before serving.
- Pour ingredients directly in glass or shaker.
- Pour coffee liqueur, vodka and ice in glass. Add eggnog and stir. Top with a pinch of nutmeg.
- A jigger is equal to 1 ½ ounces.
- If recipe is too strong for you, add more eggnog or use less vodka. Adjust it to your liking.
- You can rim the glass with sugar, if you like.
- Place martini glass in fridge, only if you like but not necessary. I know the feeling, you want your drink right away!