This Hot Zucchini Sauce is easy, refreshing, tasting sauce, made of zucchini with creamy savory sauce. It is delicious and pairs well with pasta, bread, fish, meat or chicken. Zucchini has a delicate flavor that is elevated with this light creamy sauce.
This Hot Zucchini Sauce is something that you can easily prepare on a busy weeknight. Serve it with crusted bread and crisp white wine for a simple relaxing dinner.
Zucchini is a vegetable that doesn’t take long to cook. It can be eaten raw, but it is usually served cooked. Zucchini can be steamed, boiled, grilled, stuffed and baked, barbecued, fried, or added in other recipes. It is also a great low carbohydrate substitute for noodles or pasta. Buy enough zucchini that you can use within a week otherwise they go bad quickly. They may last for another week in the fridge but they are not as crisp with shriveling skin.
To make this sauce, use firm zucchini with soft and immature seeds.
How to Prepare the Zucchini?
- Remove the hard top part, wash and pat dry zucchini.
- Don’t peel.
- Slice the zucchini with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler into thin ribbons starting from one end and finishing at the other end.
You’ll be amazed, how quickly you can prepare this flavorful zucchini sauce recipe. Don’t we always have a zucchini in the vegetable bin that goes to waste. Not anymore!
If you have stubborn kids who won’t eat vegetables, which I can understand, cut the zucchini julienne style or use a spiralizer and mix it up with pasta and chicken. Maybe that will do the trick.
Try this other Vegetable Dish
How to Make Hot Zucchini Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 fresh red chili deseeded and sliced
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 5 tablespoons light cream
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Saute garlic for 30 seconds.
Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally over low heat.
- Stir in the basil, chili, lemon juice, cream, and Parmesan and season to taste.
- Remove from heat and pair with pasta, meat, fish or chicken.
Don't overcook zucchini.
If you prefer a dryer sauce, remove the zucchini and over low heat continue cooking until reduced or desired consistency is achieved.