Fresh mango is in season and it is the best time to make this easy mango salsa recipe.
With a few ingredients, you can have a delectable refreshing side dish that will complement many food especially fish.
We have another version of this easy mango salsa recipe that incorporates shrimp paste (bagoong). For Filipinos shrimp paste is heaven but it is an acquired taste.
After weeks of making meat and seafood dishes, I am craving for something refreshing with not much sauce in it.
I happen to have tinapa smoked fish and fresh mango. This food combination will definitely satisfy my craving.
I am not a big fish person due to its fishy smell with the exception of dried and smoke fish.
Don't get me wrong, I like fish but I would rather have someone else prepare it for me. I like salmon but left over salmon – no. For some reason the smell bothers me.
This salsa complements salmon fish tacos so well.
Filipinos love dried and smoked fish and it is scrumptious when paired with mango salsa.
How to cut mango?
Cutting a mango is easy as long as you have a sharp knife. It is easier for me to hold the mango with the pointed tip facing away from me.
The seed of the mango is in the middle of the fruit and on each side is the edible flesh.
When cutting the mango, the biggest part should be facing you. In the middle of the fruit, locate the stem it was hanging on the tree.
Insert the knife, about ⅛ inch above the stem or above the seed and cut through the mango fruit also known as the cheek.
Follow the curve when cutting. Flip the mango and do the same thing with the other side. Now you have both cheeks separated from the seed.
The flesh surrounding the seed is edible. The easiest way to make mango cubes is to cut the flesh (not the skin) horizontally and vertically, about 6 to 8 times each direction. Then scoop out the mango cubes with a spoon.
How to Make Mango Salsa
Make this easy Mango Salsa Recipe and you will love it. Vegan and Vegatarians will definitely enjoy this fruity savory side dish. Watch my video “How to Make Mango Salsa”.
More Refreshing Healthy Salads
Filipino Singkamas Salad (Jicama Salad)
Mediterranean Kale Salad with Kalamata Olives and Feta
Korean Seasoned Bean Sprouts (Kongnamul Muchim)
Easy Mango Salsa Recipe
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 mango seeded & sliced into cubes
- ½ small red onion peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ cup or bunch of cilantro discard the hard stems
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and cut all the ingredients. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the hard stem from cilantro and cut the leaves to small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and ground black pepper. If allergic to fish sauce use ¼ teaspoon salt instead.
- Refrigerate before serving. Serve with fish or meat.
2. Refrigerate before serving.
3. Refrigerate leftover and consume the following day.
4. Pair this mango salsa recipe with chicken, shrimp or meat. Try it with deep fried pork chop or tinapa smoked fish.
More Mango Recipe
Leave a Comment