Jalapeno spam fried rice is what’s for lunch today. I have a thick slice of ham, eggs, carrots and green onions in my fridge and that calls for fried rice. Philippines and Hawaii are known to love spam. In the Philippines, spam is one of the canned goods enjoyed by people. People stock up on canned goods in case of emergencies like typhoon. Spam makes the list together with corn beef and sardines.
I’m glad spam came out with different flavors. Jalapeno spam is good and great for making fried rice. To make Jalapeno spam fried rice, dice and fry spam and ham. Cook eggs and slice. Then saute the onion and garlic. Add the rice and season with soy sauce and fish sauce. Mix it well and add the fried spam, ham and eggs. Throw in some green onions and carrots which I forgot to add. You have one hearty meal. Fried rice alone will satisfy you. See it is so easy to make.
How to cook Jalapeno Spam Fried Rice
If you’ve never cook spam before watch my video and see how I cook spam and make it into a fried rice.
- 3 cups of white rice day old rice
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 cup Jalapeno spam diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup carrots diced optional
Fry eggs. Once cook slice and set aside.
Add ham. Fry for 2 minutes and set aside.
Toss-in the jalapeno spam and fry until light brown. Set aside.
Saute onion until translucent.
Add the garlic and cook until golden.
Toss-in the rice and press it with the kitchen utensil to separate the grains.
Season with soy sauce and fish sauce.
Mix well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
Add-in the ham, spam, eggs and garlic onion. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- If not a fan of jalapeno, spam has other flavors. You can subsititute with bacon, turkey or hickory smoked spam.
- If not using the whole can place the left over uncook spam in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer.
- Spam is salty so be conservative when adding soy sauce, fish sauce or salt.