Salmon with Lime, Cilantro and Jalapeno is a salmon dish baked in a savory sauce. This South of the Border concoction of spices and lime juice enhances the flavor of the salmon fish. You forget you’re eating fish.
Salmon cooked in citrusy sauces make a wonderful dish. It works well with lime, lemon and orange. Salmon is delicious and high in Omega 3 a healthy choice for fish.
Sometime ago my cholesterol and triglyceride were both high. My doctor convinced me to take statin but I refused. I told him to give me 3 months and I will lower my numbers without taking any medication. Note: I am not a doctor or an expert in the field of medicine so I don’t suggest that you do what I did before consulting your doctor.
My health was monitored by a doctor. So anyway, for 3 months all I ate was oatmeal for breakfast, salmon and salad for lunch and dinner. On top of that, I was also doing the treadmill regularly. Guess what, I achieved my goal in 3 months and my numbers were normal. My doctor kept asking me what I did – I guessed her numbers were high too. LOL
During that time, I wasted so much salmon when I have a left over. I don’t like eating left over salmon. But when making salmon with lime, cilantro & jalapeno the fishy smell disappears. Citrus sauces are easy to make and flavorful.
This dish can be paired with rice, veggies or made into a taco. Just add some lettuce, tomato and cheese you have a salmon fish tacos.
If you’ve never tried this South of the Border Salmon recipe watch my video. In no time, you’ll have a decadent light meal. Enjoy!
How to Cook Salmon with Lime, Cilantro and Jalapeno
Video will be posted soon.
Try this recipe if you’ve never had it. You won’t be sorry if you did.
Salmon with Lime, Cilantro and Jalapeno
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 lime zested, juiced, and slice into circle
- 6 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sprigs cilantro leaves only chopped
- ½ jalepeno seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Rinse and cut salmon. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides of salmon with garlic powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Grate some lime zest before juicing. Save lime rind and slice into circles.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and jalapeño in a food processor and blend. Set aside.
- Prepare baking sheet lined with foil.
- Spread half of lime rind on baking sheet.
- Lay salmon on top of lime rind.
- Spread remaining lime rind and sprinkle zested rind on salmon.
- Pour lime and olive oil mixture on salmon.
- Cover baking sheet with foil.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and switch to broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with veggies or your favorite sides.
Leave a Comment