This Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms can be served as an appetizer or as a vegetable side dish. Whichever way you serve it this Portobello Mushrooms are incredibly delicious. It is simple and very easy recipe to make. Thanksgiving is around the corner and this portobello mushroom can be a side dish to go with turkey or ham. If Vegetarian, this is a meal in itself.
Eating mushroom is a great way to add a serving of vegetable in your diet. Vegetarians will definitely love and enjoy this quick and simple recipe. Mushrooms are full of nutrients and low in calories. I love it with steak and pizza or whenever I watch my diet I have it as a substitute for meat as it is fat free and cholesterol free.
Sometimes, I wonder why some people don’t like it when it is full of deliciousness. Aside from that it looks so attractive and appetizing.
So if you are looking for something easy that you can whip up during busy weeknights or when you are expecting some guest Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms should be on your list. If someone is vegetarian you don’t have to worry what to feed them. I like pairing this Portobello mushrooms with seafood. It’s light, healthy and a refreshing meal.
How to Cook Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 portobello mushroom caps large
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion small & chopped
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 8 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil fresh and minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley fresh and minced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parmesan-romano grated cheese
- Remove brown gills from the mushroom cap using a spoon and discard gills. Remove the stem. Wash mushroom and stem. Pat dry with paper towel. Chop stem into small pieces and set aside.
- Saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Stir-in garlic and cook until golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Mix.
- Toss-in spinach and cook until limp.
- Pour soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour the spinach mixture in the mushroom cap.
- Add grated cheese on top of spinach mixture. Lightly season mushroom with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before done switch the dial to broil.
- Serve hot with your favorite seafood, meat or by itself.