Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is quick and easy to cook. This air fried corn on the cob is delicious and takes only a few minutes to cook.
Summertime is corn season and it is the best time to have the sweetest fresh corn. Although you’ll find frozen and fresh corn all year round to satisfy your craving.
Before getting an air fryer, I usually boil 6 ears of corn and refrigerate any leftover. Now, I can cook 1 or 2 corn whenever I crave it.
It is so convenient to cook corn on the cob in the air fryer. We love snacking on corn and I can make it any time with no hassle or mess.
Summer heat in the Southwest is brutal and I seldom fire up the oven or the grill at this time. I like to keep the house cool and I hate to be outside during scorching heat either. My air fryer is small and it does not emit that much heat but my food is always perfectly cooked to my liking.
Air frying corn is quick, easy and no mess to deal with. This air fried sweet corn is perfectly roasted with some crisp kernels.
This air fryer corn on the cob recipe is simple, all it needs is oil and it is ready for air frying. After cooking, apply butter and salt, if desired. For me though, fresh sweet corn doesn’t need any of these ingredients. I like to keep it simple and it is delish on it’s own especially at this time of year.
I prefer fresh corn but frozen will work as well.
Serve these air fryer corn on the cob as a snack or side dish with these delicious Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak or Air Fryer Chicken Tenders or Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Tacos Al Pastor.
Tips for the best tasting sweet corn in air fryer
When buying fresh sweet corn on the cob, pick one that is heavy and plump. The husk should be bright green, not brown and dry. It is fine if the exposed silky threads are starting to brown.
Some are experts in picking great corn but if uncertain, take a peek inside by pulling the husks slightly (not peel) to the sides with both hands to see if corn is fully formed. Immature corn are usually skinny with white silky threads and the kernels are not plump and fully developed.
Uncooked ears of corn with husks can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days in a sealed plastic bag. The husks and silky threads help seal in moisture preventing the corn from drying out.
Remove the husks and silks only when ready to cook, then wash under cool running water before roasting. Pat dry with paper towel.
How to cook corn on the cob in air fryer
When using fresh corn, peel the husks, remove the silky threads inside and cut any protruding stalk from the base of corn.
Wash corn thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry with paper towel.
Brush corn with olive oil or spread butter.
Place corn in the air fryer basket in one layer. Cook corn in batches, if your air fryer is small. Allow some space in between corn so air can circulate to cook evenly.
Note: Cook whole corn or cut in half.
How long to cook corn in air fryer
Air fry corn on the cob at 400 degrees F, pre-heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
When done, remove from air fryer.
Note: I am using Gourmia Air Fryer. For other air fryer brand, cooking time might slightly differ. It is best to check you manual.
Store and reheat leftover corn
Store leftover cooked corn in a zip lock bag or wrap individually in a foil for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in air fryer at 300 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, if desired. I enjoy eating cold corn.
What other seasonings to add to corn?
Corn on the cob is delicious on it’s own especially during summer. If you like to add more flavor, consider adding
- Salt and Pepper
- Plain or Flavored Butter
- Fresh or Dried herbs
- Spices like Smoked Paprika
Yes, you can but why do the extra step. You might need to add an extra minute of cooking time.
Yes and no need to thaw. Same cooking time as fresh corn. Set temperature at 400 degrees F, pre-heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Try other delicious easy air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Gourmia Air Fryer
- 2 corn on the cob shucked and washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- When using fresh sweet corn, clean the corn before air frying. Peel the husks, remove the silky threads and cut any protruding stalk from the base of corn.
- Wash corn thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry with paper towel. Corn can be cooked whole or cut in half.
- Brush corn with olive oil or spread butter.
- Place corn in air fryer basket in one layer and allow some space in between corn so air can circulate and cook evenly.
- Air fry corn on the cob at 400 degrees F, pre-heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- When done, remove from air fryer.
- If your air fryer is small, cook corn in batches.
- You can cook whole corn or cut in half.
- After cooking corn, you can dress it up with your favorite flavored butter, salt and pepper, fresh or dried herbs, mayonnaise or spice seasonings like smoked paprika.
- For cooked leftover corn, place in zip lock bag or wrap individually in foil and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Reheat in air fryer at 300 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, if desired. I enjoy eating cold corn.
- For other air fryer brand, cooking time might slightly differ. It is best to check you manual.