Kahlua Root Beer Float Recipe only need four ingredients vanilla ice cream, root beer soda, Kahlua and chocolate syrup. Garnish with maraschino cherries if desired.
I try not to have soda in the house but we had friends for lunch. Instead of having a left over bottle of root beer sit in the fridge I thought about something good – a Kahlua root beer float.
It’s been a while since my mom had a mudslide so I figured I’ll make her a root beer float with her favorite Kahlua liquer. After all we have all the ingredients.
On long trips that’s when I crave for root beer float. Thank God for Sonic root beer float - of course without the Kahlua.
Before making root beer float I keep root beer soda in freezer until frozen or slushie. That makes a perfect root beer float.
Note: This Kahlua Root Beer Float Recipe is only for adults. Just omit the Kahlua liquer and your kids can enjoy this float too.
How to Make Root Beer Float with Kahlua
Kahlua Root Beer Float Recipe
- 1 can root beer frozen
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ to 1 shot Kahlua liquer
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Place root beer in freezer before using. It is best frozen but make sure it doesn’t burst.
- Pour frozen root beer in a tall glass.
- Add vanilla ice cream
- Pour Kahlua liquer.
- Add chocolate syrup.
- Garnish root beer float with maraschino cherries.
- When adding Kahlua, start with ½ a shot. See if that's enough for you.
- For less calories omit chocolate syrup. But it adds to the deliciousness of this drink.
- Get root beer frozen.