Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce Recipe is today’s delight. Backyard barbecue is one way to celebrate Memorial Day with this fall off the bone, juicy and tender ribs with a twist of spiciness.
Marinating ribs is not necessary as long as you baste frequently once ribs are tender. Before grilling, ribs is seasoned with garlic powder and salt.
This delicious ribs will surely make a sticky mess....
I love baby back. When I was working I ordered every other two weeks a full slab of the Chicago Baby Back ribs. Ribs is the restaurant’s specialty.
I am very picky when it comes to ribs, I prefer the smaller portion of the ribs which is the baby back. This cut of ribs is less fatty and tender.
Well anyway, it happened to me twice that the restaurant have switched the meat to a St. Louis.
During work week, I usually order to go. The first time it happened to me I called the restaurant and let them know that I got the St. Louis meat.
Mistakes can happen but they told me they run out of baby back. The second time around I just went there and returned it.
They offered a discount but I refused. It would be nice to tell the customer first instead of just switching to a different cut.
I don’t know If they assumed people won’t care or will not notice. They were wrong.
I paid more for that portion of meat and I expected to get what I paid for.
So even though I was tired, I took it back to the restaurant and that was the last time I ordered from them.
Now that I am not working I have all the time to barbecue. When I do, I have a lot going.
With this batch, I grilled Korean BBQ, the Filipino BBQ not on skewer and tons of eggplant.
Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce is one of my favorite sauce when grilling or barbecuing. Just be sure not to burn it.
Remove the transparent film at the back of ribs so seasoning and sauce can penetrate the meat.
Make sure you have a safe zone on your grill when flames start to wrap around the meat.
Wrap the ribs with foil and grill for about 40 to 60 minutes. Foiling keeps the meat moist, juicy and tender.
Place the ribs over medium heat on your grill with a temperature of 325 degrees F.
Once the meat is tender, take it out of the foil and baste frequently for about 20 minutes.
When flame starts to flare up, move the meat to the safe zone. It can easily burn with the sauce.
Try this Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce
I am writing this blog at 3:29 am and I am salivating. I am starving right now.
Make this easy Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce Recipe for your Memorial Day celebration and everyone will love it.
Watch my mouth watering video and let me know how you like it.
Step by step instructions
Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce
Baby Back Ribs
- 3 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup banana ketchup optional
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash the baby back ribs and remove the film at the back of ribs.
- Brush ribs with oil.
- Season with salt and garlic powder.
- Wrap ribs in foil and let the seasoning meld with the meat for about 10 to 15 minutes before grilling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the basting sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. The banana ketchup is optional.
- Prepare the grill and cook ribs for 40 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender. Cover grill with the lid. Temperature should be about 325 degrees F.
- Once the ribs are tender remove from foil and place directly on the grill.
- Brown the top of the ribs for 3 minutes and flip it.
- For the next 20 minutes, baste occasionally with the maple glaze barbecue sauce.
- Before removing from grill, flip the ribs to brown the glaze for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Note: Don’t burn it. It will easily burn due to brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Cut and serve hot!
- Thaw ribs in the bottom bin of refrigerator a day before grilling.
- Banana ketchup is available in Asian stores. This is optional if you can't find it.
Leave a Comment