Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Rice Noodles is one of my favorite Vietnamese pork dish as it is a bit similar to the Philippine barbecue. Anything grilled or barbecued is scrumptious to me. So it is really easy to like this Vietnamese Grilled Pork (Bun Thit Nuong). By the way, I added 7up to this recipe.
When marinating meat I always try to leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours but much better overnight. Another thing I like about this dish, I can either grill or broil it in the oven. Since it is too hot to be outside I choose to put it in the oven. Still delicious like grilled.
Once you arrange all the ingredients in the bowl get creative with the vegetables. Find whatever you have in your fridge. Anything will work with this dish. If you prefer rice over noodles then have rice instead.
A night out in town ....
Last year, my cousin was here for work and I picked him up from his hotel to go to dinner. I asked him what he had a taste for? He said anything but Southwest food. That’s what was served all day during their meetings. He mentioned a Vietnamese restaurant in the area with good reviews. So we end up going there and the place was pack.
My cousin ordered Grilled Shrimp and I had the Vietnamese Grilled Pork Rice Plate. Our dinner was definitely delicious. My cousin ordered 7 up and they didn’t have it. After dinner, we ordered a cake that they run out of. The thing was our waitress was not even aware they didn’t have it since she was trying to describe to us the cake we ordered. That was a bummer. I can’t believe a restaurant in an upscale neighborhood would run out of those things. Well at least our dinner was great. So we decided to go to Houston’s for dessert. It was a good call. The dessert was fudgy, chocolaty that melts in your mouth. It was great to see my cousin. We usually see each other during Christmas.
I can honestly say my version is comparable to what I ordered. They are both yummy!
How to Make Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Rice Noodles
If you are a fan of Vietnamese food or anything grilled try this Vietnamese Grilled Pork. It is simple and very easy to prepare and cook. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know.
Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Rice Noodles Recipe
Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Rice Noodles
- 1 pound pork sliced thinly 2 in x 2 in
- 1 ½ cups cucumber sliced
- 1 ½ cups carrot julienned
- 4 pieces bok choy lettuce or napa
- ¼ cup green onions chopped for garnish
- 4 oz rice vermicelli cooked
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons 7up
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons onion minced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice pork thinly about 2 in x 2 in.
- In a medium bowl, add the pork, brown sugar, 7up, fish sauce, soy sauce, onion, garlic, ground pepper and olive oil. Mix well and cover with saran wrap. Marinate and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or better yet overnight.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes then switch to broil 3 to 5 minutes each side or until golden brown. Note: Oven temperature vary so adjust accordingly.
- While baking, boil water and add noodles until translucent. Transfer to a colander and run cold water over it. Drain water. Watch my video How to Cook Vermicelli Noodles.
- Assemble your bowl with noodles at the bottom. Arrange the veggies and pork on top. Serve fish sauce on the side.
- Substitute noodles with rice.
- Use whatever vegetables you have.
- Oven settings vary so adjust cooking time accordingly.