Pan Fried Ribeye Steak with thyme and butter is so aromatic and flavorful. Ribeye is our favorite cut when it comes to steak.
Fillet Mignon is good but I find it overrated and expensive. Yeah, ribeye is also expensive but it is tastier due to its fat content. It offers more marbling making meat so tender, juicy and flavorful.
Call me crazy but I enjoy ribeye when the fat is charred. Some people might say “yuck” but I prefer well-done steak. I don’t like my meat pink plus I find it more delicious when the fat is well done.
When grilling, I have so many things cooking. It is also convenient to throw in a steak on the grill although I would rather cook it in a cast iron or pan.
In my opinion, the best way to cook ribeye steak or any steak is on cast iron or pan. Pan fried ribeye steak is scrumptious.
Just make sure your ventilation is really good plus be ready for all the splatters.
I have a steak plate so I can serve it sizzling but due to the splatters, I seldom use it indoors.
When cooking steak in pan, get it really hot so you get crusting on both sides while searing. I like mixing oil and butter for frying.
You want it to sizzle when placing the steak on that hot pan. A good cut of steak seasoned with just salt is scrumptious but sometimes I like to add garlic powder and ground pepper.
Cook your steak depending on your preference – rare, medium or well done. I don't like pink in my steak.
How to Pan Fry a Ribeye Steak
Watch my video to see how I cook ribeye on a pan. Enjoy!
Pan Fried Ribeye Steak Recipe with Thyme and Butter
- 1 Ribeye Steak with or without bone
- 6 - 8 sprigs of thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Wash steak and pat dry with paper towel. (optional)
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Get your pan hot. Add oil and butter.
- When butter is melted, toss-in thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ribeye steak and sear each side for 3 to 5 minutes until it forms a crust. Place half of the thyme sprigs under the steak and the other half on top of the steak.
- Cook the steak rare, medium or well-done depending on your preference.
- Once the desired cooking is achieve, transfer steak to a serving plate.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and serve.
- Serve with a side dish of veggies, rice or potatoes.
2. It is tastier if you season steak before frying.
3. Make sure pan is hot before adding olive oil and butter. Steak will sizzle when added.