Pork with salted black beans also known as pork with tausi is a very easy and quick dish to prepare and cook. When my mom cooks this dish I can easily tell that she’s making pork with salted black beans. It’s aroma lingers throughout the kitchen and dining area.
When buying salted black beans I get the 180g (6.34 oz) which I use for a few dishes. Unless you are cooking for the whole army you don’t need to use the whole can when making Pork with Tausi. Don’t add the liquid since it is very salty. I only add the beans when cooking. If you have leftover beans just store it in a small container submerged in the salty liquid. It can stay in your fridge for months.
When making this dish I use the meaty part of pork spareribs with a little bit of fat in it. I find the spareribs to be tastier with this dish but other parts of pork meat will work as well. I’ve had this with salad and it turned out to be good but I still prefer it with white rice.
How to Make Pork with Tausi
Watch my video “how to make pork with tausi” and see how easy it is to make today!
Pork with salted black beans also known as pork with tausi is a very easy and quick dish to prepare and cook. Pork with tausi recipe has only few ingredients but very tasty. It is delicious especially paired with white rice or salad.
- 1 lb. pork spareribs sliced into small pieces1 ½ x 1 1/2
- 3 tablespoons salted black beans discard the liquid
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger julienned
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup pork broth or water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat. In a pan over medium heat, add about 2 tablespoons of oil and swirl to fully coat bottom of pan.
Saute onion for 3 minutes.
Add ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir-in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Saute tomato till soft.
Stir-in tausi (salted black beans). Saute for 1 minute.
Add pork spare rib pieces. Cook till pork is pale or light brown.
Add pork broth or water.
Cover pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes or till pork is tender.
Season with ground black pepper, fish sauce or salt. Taste before adding fish sauce or salt it might be salty due to black beans.
- When cooking pork with salted black beans just add the beans and don't add the liquid which is very salty.
- If you are concern about frying the tofu (tokwa) you may saute it with the other ingredients. Revise the recipe by adding tofu once the tomato is soft and cooked. Saute the tofu.
- When you have leftover beans just put it a small container submerged in the salty liquid and it can last for month.