This Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops are irresistable treats and easy to make. What not to love, made with classic brownies smothered in Hershey’s chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, Dutch chocolate dipped in melt in your mouth luscious Ghirardelli chocolate melts.
And another thing to love, it takes less than an hour to make this delicious brownie cake pops.
Make it more special with a heart-shaped strawberry or crisp crunchy nuts while kids will love it with colorful sprinkles. This is a hit among adults and kids alike.
This Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops are rich and fudgy, but not too sweet. A beautiful centerpiece in your dinner table or dessert table when serving during gatherings.
On Valentine’s Day, say “I Love You” to someone special with a bouquet of Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops.
Your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, wife, husband, kids, friends or someone close to you will be taken aback and will definitely enjoy this decadent treats.
Make it a family affair. Make your kids decorate this brownie cake pops to their hearts content. Let their creative side shine and let them do whatever they want.
It doesn’t have to be perfect. I’m sure, they will be excited making it and can’t wait to devour their beautiful creations.
My nieces ages 8 and 9 made this. I baked, cut and inserted the stick in the brownie and they did the dipping and decorating.
How to Make Brownie
Didn’t I say, easy to make. Yes, it is definitely easy and quick with not much to prepare or measure.
Even with your busy schedule, you can make this in less than an hour. Using a Brownie Mix will save you so much time and effort.
When I am busy or lazy and don’t want to deal with measuring so many ingredients then one of my favorite brownie mix to use is Betty Crocker Hershey’s Triple Chocolate.
How can I not love this, everything I love in a brownie is already in this mix. It saves me money, I don’t have to buy each individual ingredient, less clean up and best of all, I can make it in less than half an hour.
This Betty Crocker Hershey’s Triple Brownie Mix has all the ingredients that makes a brownie special, loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and Dutch chocolate.
Just mix it with a 3 basic ingredients: vegetable oil, egg and water. In no time, you can have this delicious moist brownies. No, don’t eat it yet. You still have to dip it in chocolate melts. Yummy!
Brownie is ½ inch thick before dipping in chocolate melt. If you prefer a thicker brownie then use the whole pocket.
What Chocolate Dip to Use?
I use Ghirardelli Chocolate Melts. Chocolate chips or bark can be use too, but it is easier to use melts.
It quickly melts in the microwave. I don’t need to take out my double boiler, no whisking and less clean up. I’m all over it.
Can I make round or square brownie cake pops?
I suggest to use the full pocket if making rounds or square cake pops and follow the packaging ingredients and baking instructions.
1. For rounds, once brownie has cooled, crumble and form into small round brownie cake pops. Then insert the stick half-way.
2. For squares, once brownie has cooled, remove from pan and cut into smaller squares then insert stick half-way.
How to Prepare the Strawberry?
Strawberry adds flavor and appeal to this brownie cake pops especially for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
1. Remove strawberry leaves.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry strawberry.
3. Thinly slice strawberry.
4. Place sliced strawberry on paper towel so excess juice is absorbed. Not necessary to do this, but sometimes strawberry slides down or it is leaking juice.
How to Make Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops
1. Use ½ of 20 oz pouch of brownie mix. Follow packaging instructions and bake. Let it cool.
Make brownie. Combine brownie mix, water, egg and vegetable oil.
2. Once cool, use a heart shaped cooker cutter. I used 2 different sizes.
Brownie can be round or square in shape aside from heart shape.
Brownie is ½ inch thick.
Cut brownie with heart shaped cookie cutter.
3. Stick a skewer or lollipop stick at bottom of brownie. Careful not to break it in pieces. I don’t suggest using a paper cake pop stick. Brownie might be too heavy for it.
Insert a wooden skewer or cake pop sticks at the bottom of heart shaped brownie.
4. Place chocolate melts in microwave. Setting time in 15 second intervals until melted.
5. Gently dip heart shaped brownie in chocolate melts.
6. If adding strawberry, nuts or sprinkles, this is the time to do it, otherwise place in a tall glass or styrofoam to dry. It doesn’t take long to set.
Thin sliced strawberry is placed on the brownie before chocolate sets.
7. If decorating with white chocolate melt, use a fork or pastry piping bag.
8. It will stay fresh up to 3 days refrigerated. Enjoy!
Would you like to make Chocolate covered Strawberries this Valentine's Day?
Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops
- ½ of a 20 oz pouch Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix measurement 2 cups and 2 tablespoons mix (10 oz)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Brownie Cake Pops ingredients
- 8 to 10 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers or White Chocolate
- Strawberry thinly sliced, optional
- Crushed nuts almonds or walnuts, optional
- Sprinkles optional
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease side and bottom of 9x9 inch pan with butter or oil.
- In a bowl, combine brownie mix, water, egg and vegetable oil until well blended. Note: I’m only using ½ of the 20 oz pouch brownie mix.
- Pour mixture evenly in pan.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes. I used a toaster oven and it was done in 15 minutes.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Let it cool.
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges of brownie and remove from pan.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter. I used 2 sizes.
- Gently insert skewer or cake pop sticks half-way at the bottom of brownie.
- Heart Shaped Brownie Cake Pops
- In a small bowl, add chocolate melts and place in the microwave.
- Set time to 15 second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. If there are small specks of melts left, blend well and it will eventually melt while hot. Don’t overheat, it will burn easily.
- Take a brownie. Hold stick and dip brownie. Lift and tilt from side to side letting excess chocolate to fall back in bowl.
- Sprinkle with your favorite topping while chocolate has not set.
- Place in a tall glass or styro foam to dry for about 5 minutes.
- If you like to decorate with white chocolate, take a fork or a pastry icing bag. Drizzle or pipe white chocolate over brownie cake pops.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
2. If you like a different shape, you can use the whole pouch and follow packaging for ingredients and baking instructions.
3. For rounds, crumble brownie and form into rounds and insert stick.
4. For easier cake pops, cut it into small squares and insert stick.
5. I have no video for this post but you can watch CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES with a similar process.