Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos Recipe for your Super Bowl Party!
This Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos Recipe is easy and savory with pork marinated in a concoction of fragrant lime juice, chopped jalapeno, cilantro and spices. For less heat remove the jalapeno seeds. It is best to marinate pork for at least half a day or overnight. Grilled or pan fried results in a juicy and moist pork.
This sounds really good for Super Bowl party. It is something you can do ahead of time, so you don’t miss the fun.
Grill or pan fry pork in advance. Prepare pork rare, medium and well-done so everyone has their choice of meat. Slice pork and place in a heated serving tray. Wrap tortillas in a damp towel or aluminum foil and place in a slow cooker to keep it warm. Prepare all the garnish and serve it buffet style. Your guest can assemble their own pork tacos depending on their liking.
Don’t forget to prepare at least two taco sauces. One hot and one mild. I really enjoy pairing this pork tacos with mango salsa. It is so refreshing.
Taco night on game day is not complete without Spicy Margarita. Get this ready ahead of time. Combine and muddle all the ingredients and chill for a few hours before guest arrives. All you need to do is add tequila once your adult guest has arrived. This is also good even without tequila that your teenage kids can enjoy. Don’t forget, fill your cooler with ice and beer.
Making this Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos ahead of time will definitely give you time to relax, mingle and enjoy the game with family and friends.
This is so good and without a doubt you want it again anytime soon. Save yourself time, marinate extra servings and freeze it.
Add this Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos to your menu this coming Superbowl. It is a crowd pleaser.
How to Make a Delicious Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos Recipe
- Marinate pork in lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, onion, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper for at least ½ a day or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove pork from marinate. Grill or pan fry whichever you prefer.
- Prepare taco garnish: Cilantro, onion and tomatoes. Serve also Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare sauce like salsa verde or Mango Salsa.
- When pork is cook, slice to bite size pieces.
- Warm tortillas.
- Serve sliced pork, garnish and tortillas so everyone can make their own pork tacos. Having it buffet style is the easiest way to do it.
Jalapeno Cilantro Lime Pork Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 1 lime juiced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs cilantro chopped
- ½ jalapeno seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup 7up optional
- 5 tablespoons oil for frying
Make Pork Tacos
- 6 flour tortilla 6 inches
- 1 small white onion chopped & caramelize half if desired
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese for garnish optional
- Combine lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, onion, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Add pork to the mixture and marinate for at least ½ a day or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare all the taco garnish. Chop cilantro, onion and tomatoes.
- Heat oil and fry pork depending on your cooking preference (rare, medium or well-done).
- When done frying pork caramelize half of the onions in the same pan. Set aside for garnish.
- Slice pork and set aside.
- Place tortillas on a new pan and warm on stove top.
- Assemble pork tacos.
- Place pork on warm tortilla. Add cilantro, onion, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sauce like salsa verde on the side. I prepared mango salsa.
- Serve the ingredients buffet style so guest can make their own pork tacos.
- Place pork in a slow cooker or heated tray to keep it warm.
- To keep tortilla warm, wrap it in a damp towel or aluminum foil and place in a slow cooker or a heated tray. You can also warm tortillas in the toaster. Make sure to adjust the temperature.
Originally Published on : Jan. 27, 2019 Updated: Jan. 24, 2020