Lumpiang Togue (Mung Bean Sprouts Spring Rolls) is a Filipino fried spring roll made of togue (mung bean sprouts) and other vegetables. Some might refer to this as lumpiang gulay.
When making this dish you can toss in any vegetables you have on hand.
Lumpiang Togue is light in texture that I can easily devour a few pieces in one sitting. It is usually paired with spicy vinegar dip.
I am one of those people who loves lumpiang togue with rice making it my main course. Most people will have this as an appetizer or as a snack.
This mung bean sprouts spring rolls recipe is so simple and easy to make. It is deliciously scrumptious with spicy vinegar mixture.
In fact, at times I eat this without wrapping and frying it. It is delicious as well.
More Asian Vegetable Recipe
Lumpiang Sariwa (Fresh Lumpia)
Ukoy (Squash Fritters with Shrimp)
Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry
Stir Fried Green Beans with Pork and Asparagus
Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Shrimp
Kongnamul Muchim (Korean Seasoned Bean Sprout)
How to Make Lumpiang Togue
When making lumpiang togue, saute the ground pork, shrimp, togue and other vegetables like carrots, green beans and potatoes.
Don’t overcook the togue or the other veggies. They are best crisp and crunchy.
When done cooking, place mixture in a colander for half to an hour to drain the liquid. Once fully drained, it is ready to be wrapped.
Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of stir-fried vegetables in wrapper, fold both sides and roll it tightly and seal the ends with water.
Note: Don't add too much filling so it is easy to roll and wrapper doesn't tear.
Deep fry in pan or deep fryer until wrapper is crispy and golden. Serve while it is crispy with spicy vinegar dipping sauce.
How to Make Spicy Vinegar Dipping Sauce
Combine chopped onion, minced garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, Thai chili peppers and freshly ground black pepper.
Thai chili peppers is optional but if you like it less spicy, add whole Thai chili peppers otherwise, if you like it with a kick, chop the peppers. Wears gloves when chopping pepper.
Watch my video and you’ll see that you can make this fried spring roll in no time. Magluto na tayo (let’s cook).
Lumpiang Togue (Mung Bean Sprouts Spring Rolls)
- 5 cups togue mung bean sprouts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound shrimp chopped
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1 large potato small cubes
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon patis fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 12 to 15 lumpia spring roll wrappers
- ½ cup cooking oil or deep fryer
Spicy Vinegar Dipping Sauce
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Thai chili peppers optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Lumpiang Togue Filling
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Fry the potatotes. Once done remove from pan and set aside.
- Leave 2 tablespoons oil in the pan.
- Saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Toss-in garlic and cook until golden.
- Add tomato and cook until limp. Use kitchen utensil to mash tomato.
- Stir in ground pork and cook until pale.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Pour fish sauce.
- Toss-in carrots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add fried potatoes. Mix.
- Mix in togue and cook for a minute.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Turn off heat.
- Place mixture in a coriander to drain liquid.
- Set aside for ½ to an hour.
- Once liquid has drained and mixture has cooled down.
- Take a spring roll and lay it like a diamond. One corner should be facing you.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture and place it 3 inches away from corner close to you.
- Lift spring roll corner facing you and fold it over the vegetable mixture.
- Hold it firmly while folding both left and right corners toward the middle.
- Roll it into a log and seal the end tip or corner with water.
- Set aside.
- Once you have rolled all the mixture use a deep fryer or pan to fry spring rolls.
- If using a pan heat ½ cup of oil over medium heat.
- Fry lumpiang togue until golden.
- Transfer lumpiang togue on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with spicy vinegar dip.
Spicy Vinegar Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Combine onion, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, Thai chili peppers and freshly ground black pepper.
- Service dipping sauce on the side.
Leave a Comment