Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry is light and nutritious. This is one of my to go dish when craving for tofu. Simple to make but very flavorful.
When cooking this dish, I pan fry tofu to a golden light brown color. If Chinese celery is available I use that instead of regular celery.
Also, if I am serving this to non-Asians, I usually stir fry with chicken breast instead of pork and shrimp.
If I am trying to avoid rice, I add more tofu to this dish. The celery enhances the tofu flavor. Celery’s crunchiness and tofu’s softness complement each other so well.
If you’ve never had this concoction, try it, you might love it.
Did I say this Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry is nutritious. Here’s why.
What are the benefits of eating tofu?
Tofu is an excellent source of amino acids, iron, calcium and other nutrients. It is also known to be beneficial to some menopausal women helping relieve or reduce hot flashes.
To read more about the health benefits of tofu go to BBS Good Food.
What are the benefits of eating celery?
Celery is loaded with vitamins and aids with weight loss. It helps to lower inflammation, reduce blood pressure, reduce the risk of cancer and prevents age related vision loss.
For more information regarding the health benefits of celery, go to Medical News Today.
While it has many health benefits, it can also cause severe allergic reaction to some. Before consuming celery be sure that you are not allergic to it.
How to Cook Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry
More Stir-Fry Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry
- ½ pound chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups tofu drained and cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 3 cups celery diced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Pan fry tofu to a golden light brown color. Remove and set aside.
- Stir-in chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- When onion is cooked, add garlic & cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss-in tomato and cook till limp. Cover pan.
- Once tomato is soft, crush it with the kitchen utensil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add tofu back in and let it simmer with the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Stir-in black pepper.
- Toss-in the celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Serve hot, Enjoy!