Stir Fried Green Beans with Pork and Asparagus is a simple and flavorful dish that needs little preparation and just a few minutes to cook. It can be serve with a bowl of rice or noodles which is very satisfying. If you make extra servings for lunch the following day, this dish taste even better. So any leftover is welcomed.
Stir fry with less pork and double up on veggies make this dish a healthy choice. Keep the vegetables crisp and crunchy. Even kids will love this simple yet healthy meal. No need to bribe them.
Stir fry vegetable is the easiest and quickest to make. Yet it is delicious and healthy.
I love growing green beans in my backyard. The only problem its hit or miss. By the time it is ready to have long beans, it gets too hot and they dry up. I was once successful growing both green beans and ampalaya (bitter melon) in the same area. The bitter melon was abundant that I was giving it away to friends and neighbors and I had enough green beans every week to make for one dish.
Guess what happened. We have gophers in our neighborhood that dug my backyard non stop. They dug that area and destroyed my plants. It made me so pissed. That was the last time I had these two vegetables growing in my yard. I planted in a different area but they don't seem to thrive in a more shaded area. This time though, we have added chicken wires underground.
I hope by early fall, I can grow these vegetables again. It is such a joy picking vegetables in my own garden and cooking it. It is fresh, organic and no pesticides what so ever.
Check out Today's Delight other recipes.
How to Make Stir Fried Green Beans with Pork and Asparagus
Watch my video and make this easy delicious recipe today! Magluto na tayo.
Stir Fried Green Beans with Pork and Asparagus
- 6 tablespoon oil
- ½ pound pork tenderloin thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pale dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ pound string beans cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- ½ pound asparagus cut into 1 ½ pieces (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons stock or water
- In a pan, add 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add string beans. Stir-fry for about 2to 3 minutes.
- Remove beans from pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, add the remaining oil.
- When oil is hot, add the pork. Stir-fry until pork turns pale in color.
- Add soy sauce, sherry and sugar.
- Add stock or water. Simmer over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bottom or hard part of asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add string beans and the upper tip of the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Serve hot.
- Don't over cook the veggies. Crunchy and crisp is how it should be.
- Make extra servings for the following day's lunch. It is still yummy!
Leave a Comment