Pumpkin Spice season is in the air. Let me start this fall flavor craze with this easy Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe.
We were at the grocery store the other day and guess what was brewing at the corner of the store - Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. The aroma was calling me and I had to have it. As we all know, Pumpkin Spice is a seasonal thing and you might as well get it while you can.
Let me start the season with this easy Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe. Believe me, this is the easiest and quickest way to bake this decadent pumpkin bread. I started baking pumpkin bread from scratch until so many years ago I discovered Krusteaz baking mix. I never looked back. Who doesn’t want anything easy and delicious at the same time.
This easy pumpkin bread is way tastier and moist compared to commercial ones. By using this mix, I don’t have to worry about adding spices and sugar. It saved me so much time and effort with preparation. Yeah, it is a baking mix but not like any other mix. Family and friends alike thought I baked this from scratch.
Another cool thing about this mix is they have recipes you can improvise to your liking. Go to the nearest Sams or Costco and get yourself a package while you can. Buy the Krusteaz Multipurpose Baking Mix Pumpkin Spice. With this mix you can make muffins, cup cakes, pancakes, cookies and bread. Get creative and add some crunchy pecans, walnuts or fruits with your baked goods.
This is not a sponsored post. I love their products that's why I am sharing it with others. If they want to work with me I won't have a problem promoting their products.
You don’t need a mixer to blend the ingredients. In just 10 minutes you are done. Like I said, I improvised the recipe to my liking. When I made this pumpkin bread recipe I pureed half an apple and chopped some walnuts and added it to the batter. You can make it without frosting but I want to dress it up so I prepared half a cup of cream cheese frosting with flavorful crunchy shelled walnuts and sprinkled with ground cinnamon. We are not a fan of very sweet treats. Instead of spreading this rich and delicious cream cheese frosting all over the bread I only topped the middle portion of the bread.
After cooling the bread it was gone in one seating. That delicious. I should have known. Now, I have to make another loaf of bread. OK, I’m sure the reason why you are reading my post is you love anything pumpkin spice. Watch my video and print my recipe today. Enjoy! Happy Fall Season to all!
What baking pan did I use?
I used an 8 x 4 inch pan and baked for 60 minutes at 350 deg. F.
Note: Every oven is different so baking time will vary between 57-62 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check if bread is done.
Can I use another baking pan size?
Absolutely. This information is listed on the Krusteaz box.
For this bread recipe you can use the following:
1 Standard Loaf 9 x 5 inch baking pan and baking time between 52-57 minutes at 350 deg. F.
3 Mini Loaves 5 x 3 inch baking pan and baking time between 35-40 minutes at 350 deg. F.
12-14 Standard Muffins baking pan and baking time is between 19-21 minutes at 350 deg. F.
28-30 Mini Muffins baking pan and baking time is between 10-12 minutes at 375 deg. F.
1 Snack Cake 8 x 8 inch baking pan and baking time is between 35 to 40 at 350 deg. F.
How to Make this Easy Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
Easy Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
- 1 Pouch Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup pureed fresh apple optional but add another 1/4 c. of oil
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts optional
Cream Cheese Frosting with Chopped Walnuts and Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup softened butter 1 stick
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon optional
For Pumpkin Bread
- Combine all the ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Lightly grease 8 x 4 baking pan.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Heat oven at 350 degrees F and bake mixture between 57 – 62 minutes. (Mine was done in 60 minutes.)
- Do the toothpick test to check if bread is done. Insert toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then it is done. Remove from oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to gently loosen and remove bread from pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool before adding frosting.
- Add frosting if desired. Cut bread and serve. Enjoy!
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Use an electric mixer and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add walnuts and sprinkle ground cinnamon.
- Blend well.
- If you want your frosting firmer before spreading on bread place it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spread frosting on top of bread.
- Note: I made the cream cheese frosting but only used ½ cup for frosting. Froze the rest of the frosting for later use. If you will cover the whole top with frosting use 1 cup chopped walnuts and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for topping.
More Pumpkin Spice Recipe