Breaded Shrimp recipe is one of the easiest to prepare shrimp dish that hits the spot. It is light breaded and it can be addicting.
Crispy breaded shrimp paired with a savory sweet and sour sauce is so delicious yet easy to make.
Make this breaded shrimp recipe with large or extra large headless shrimp. It is great with salad or rice.
How to Cook Breaded Shrimp Recipe
If you prefer with tail attached, buy shrimp unpeeled.
When buying frozen shrimp sometimes it is already deveined. All you need to do is peel and leave the tail attached and its cover.
Otherwise, peel and slightly slit the back of shrimp with a knife and pull the vein. It is dark in color and you can easily see it.
Also, as you can see from the image, the tail is still attached. Don't fully peel the shrimp close to the tail, that will hold the tail to stay attached to the body of shrimp.
I used flour and panko breadcrumbs for breading, then shrimp is deep fried until crisp. You can also bake the breaded shrimp in the oven.
Prepare all the ingredients and arrange in an assembly line. It is easier to place flour and panko breading in two separate plastic or zip lock bag. Lightly beat the egg in a small or medium bowl.
Arrange ingredient in this order: flour, egg and panko breading.
Once all the the ingredients are prepared, pour oil in pot over medium to high heat. While waiting for oil to get hot, start breading a few shrimp.
Place about 4 shrimp in flour, hold and seal the opening of plastic or zip lock then shake it to coat shrimp with flour. Take each shrimp and gently shake to remove excess flour.
Dip shrimp in egg. Then in panko breading. Again, shake gently to remove excess panko.
Once oil is hot, deep fry until breading is golden brown. Adjust your temperature if too hot so breading does not burn and shrimp cooks through.
Remove and place breaded shrimp in plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil. Transfer right away in serving plate. It is tasty with out dip but you can always dip it in your favorite sauce or ketchup.
Watch my video “How to cook breaded shrimp”. Let’s make it today. Magluto na tayo!
Try Other Delicious Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp Egg Foo Young
- Pan-Fried Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Louisiana Shrimp and Crab Boil
- Ukoy - Shrimp and Squash Fritters
- Jamaican Peppered Shrimp
- Easy Sweet and Spicy Key Lime Coconut Shrimp
- Camaron Rebosado (Crispy Breaded Shrimp)
Lightly Breaded Shrimp Recipe
- 8 shrimps large or extra large
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- ¾ flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Use large or extra large headless shrimp. Wash the shrimp. Peel and devein leaving the tail attached.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Prepare 3 containers for the breading. The 1st container will have the flour. The 2nd container for the beaten eggs and the 3rd container for the panko breadcrumbs. It will look like an assembly line.
- In a deep pot add oil. Heat oil over medium to high heat or about 350 degrees.
- While waiting for oil to get hot. Start breading the shrimp.
- Dip shrimp in this order: flour, egg and panko.
- After dipping it in flour, shake it to remove excess flour. Do the same thing after dipping it in panko. This will keep your oil clean.
- Once oil is hot to around 350 degrees, fry shrimp until golden brown and crispy. You can also use a deep fryer.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel so excess oil can be absorbed by the paper towel.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with scallion or parsley.
- Serve with sliced lemon or sweet and sour sauce. Ketchup will do too. Enjoy!
- It is easier to coat the shrimp with flour and panko if placed in a zip lock or plastic bag. Shake it and your are done.
- Oil should be hot for a crispy breaded shrimp. It will cook quickly so don't leave your stove while cooking.
- Prepare the plate lined with paper towel so you can quickly remove the shrimp from the pot once it is golden brown.
- You can cook the sweet and sour sauce ahead of time so it is ready by the time the shrimps are done. Enjoy the shrimp while it is hot and crispy.