Pan-Fried Garlic Butter Shrimp is simple and scrumptious shrimp recipe that is easy to prepare on a busy weeknight. Garlic toasted in butter and oil makes a savory shrimp dish.
My mom used to make this dish with the smallest fresh shrimps, pan-fried until crunchy that you can eat the whole thing. That was damn delicious.
Another thing I learned from my mom was to combine butter and olive oil.
This Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe can be cooked with shell on shrimp or peeled shrimp.
Honestly, I like to cook it whole with head and shell on. It is tastier since all the juices are trapped inside.
Watch my video and see how the shrimp juice sizzle while pan-fried. You’ll drool. Yeah, you have to do some messy peeling but it's all worth it.
You can savor the tasty juicy shrimp with finger licking garlic butter sauce . Try it and you tell me which is tastier – cooking it whole or peeled.
One thing I hate though when having this dish is eating too much rice. Hey, I grew up eating rice with everything. No way, I can eat this dish without white rice.
Hot white rice topped with this garlicky buttery saucy shrimp is so irresistible. When I make this dish, I make it with lots of garlic.
Depending on who I am feeding, I always cook it with whole shrimp. The dish looks so exotic with this bright orangey shiny shrimp smothered with toasted garlic. It is so appetizing and delicious.
But if I am around my brother, then I cook it peeled. It is still good but cooking the whole shrimp unpeeled is way better in my opinion.
We are always eyeing on who gets the plate the shrimp was served on. Bits and pieces of toasted garlic and buttery sauce and more white rice. So yummy!
Can I cook this Garlic Butter Shrimp with frozen shrimp?
Yes, fresh or frozen will do.
Can I cook it with just olive oil?
Yes, you may.
How to Cook this Pan-Fried Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
Pan-Fried Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp head and shell on
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Clean shrimp and cut tendrils. Drain excess water.
- Over medium heat melt butter.
- Pour olive oil. Heat oil for a minute.
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Stir-in shrimp. Cook until both sides turn orange. Use a splatter guard.
- Season with salt.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Enjoy!
- Don’t burn garlic while toasting. Who wants a bitter taste. As soon as it turns golden or light brown add the shrimp. It will continue to cook while cooking shrimp.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp. It will turn rubbery and tough to eat.
Similar recipe using crabs
More Shrimp Recipes