Mango ice cream recipe is today’s delight. A creamy ice cream made with fresh sweet mango that will delight anybody’s taste buds. This is a no churn ice cream very easy to make with only three ingredients.
The best time to make mango ice cream is when mangoes are in season. Using ripe sweet mangoes, your ice cream will have an intense mango flavor with deep yellow color. When in season, it is the best time to stock up in mangoes. Scoop out the flesh, divide into portions in a food saver and freeze it. Thus, it is available whenever you have a craving for a smoothie, mango cake or mango ice cream. Ice cream is an all year round dessert for us and it doesn’t matter even if it’s winter.
I used frozen mangoes when I made this ice cream. When using frozen mangoes, thaw it in the fridge for an hour or so until it is manageable and blend it without adding liquid. It is best to chill the mangoes and condensed milk before making mango ice cream recipe.
This ice cream is thick and creamy. It is a mouth-watering dessert that I’ve been eating while making it. It has the taste and texture of a mango mousse before freezing.
It is easier to scoop ice cream when stored in the freezer for 6 to 8 hours. When frozen, it might be hard to scoop out your homemade ice cream so leave it out for about 5 to 8 minutes until it soften. This is not a problem for us since we devour this delicious refreshing ice cream in one sitting. I usually make only 6 servings to satisfy our craving. This is creamy and not runny compared to store bought ice cream when left out of the freezer for a few minutes. What I normally do, I take it out of the freezer and move it to the fridge about an hour before I eat it. It is easier to scoop it out plus I like my ice cream a bit melted.
Making homemade ice cream gives me the option of endless customization. I can make it less sweet, use any ingredient I prefer or make it without dairy. You name it, I can do it. This ice cream is easy to make with bits and pieces of sweet mango and no preservative. What a deal! Give it a try.
How to Make Mango Ice Cream
If you want ice cream with no preservative or chemicals, watch my video “How to Make Mango Ice Cream”. Next time, I’ll be posting Avocado Ice Cream with coconut milk with less condensed milk. If you have any suggestions in making ice cream – please let me know. Your suggestions are always welcomed. Enjoy this creamy ice cream today!
Mango Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups mango (2 medium mango) chilled & pureed
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 16 oz (473 ML) heavy whipping cream, chilled
- Use 2 medium ripe mangoes. Scoop out flesh with a spoon. Freeze mango flesh for 15 to 30 minutes but don't let it get hard.
- Puree mangoes using a standing blender, immersion blender or food processor. Reserve some mango flesh and cut it into smaller pieces if you like some texture in your ice cream.
- Transfer pureed mango in a container with lid. Add chilled condensed milk. Mix well and set aside.
- Whip chilled heavy cream for about 10 minutes or until it is thick and creamy.
- Add and fold whipped heavy cream to mango mixture.
- Place saran wrap on top of mango mixture to prevent crystallization. (I did not since I knew that within 6 hours we will be all over it.)
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. If you like ice cream a bit melted, 6 hours will do. Enjoy!
- If you leave it in the freezer overnight it will be hard so leave it at the counter for about 5 minutes or so to softened before eating.
- This ice cream is creamier compared to store bought mango ice cream with no preservatives or chemicals.