This Red Velvet Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies are festive holiday cookies that you can easily make on this hectic time of year. Kids and adults alike will love the combination of chocolaty red velvet with the minty candy cane flavor.
Happy Holidays to Everyone & A Great 2020!
Today's Delight has achieved many milestone this year 2019 due to your continued support. Thank You! Stay tuned for more delicious recipes to come...
The holiday is not complete without all the sweet treats. When I was working, it was a month long of munching on all the delicious cookies send in our way. One side of the office looked so festive and Christmasy with all the colorful cookies laid out on top of the filing cabinet.
When I say indulge, try a little bit of everything but not stuff your face with it.
I know, it is not good for my waist but it is once a year I get to indulge. As we ring in the New Year, guess what everybody’s resolution. Lose weight! Yeah, it doesn’t make sense but life is enjoying the things you love, but of course, in moderation.
I am not one to dump everything I like to lose weight. In fact, all the sweets I like are easily available in my fridge so when craving strikes, I can get a bite. Depriving myself just makes it worse. This method works for me and might not work for others. So, use common sense.
So when you see this Red Velvet Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies on the spread, grab one and enjoy it then grab another one for later. But if you are the type who wants to enjoy it fully, grab a handful before it is gone.
If you have made crinkle cookies from scratch or mix, you know it is a simple, easy recipe and adding crumbled colorful candy cane does not make it complicated. So let’s start baking these delicious cookies. In no time, it is ready to be devoured by your family. If it is for giveaway, make sure to hide.
How to Make Red Velvet Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies
Don't stress out if you haven't prepared any dessert for your holiday celebration. Print my recipe, run to the store, get yourself a red velvet cake mix and all the ingredients. In no time, less than an hour, you can have these cookies as a centerpiece and a dessert that everyone will enjoy!.
Scoop batter dough with a spoon or an ice cream scoop & dunk it in powdered sugar.
Don't care for candy cane but love red velvet cake, here's the Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies recipe, no candy cane. As an extra bonus, it comes with a video.
Red Velvet Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups Betty Crocker Red Velvet Mix
- 5-6 standard size candy cane pounded, ½ mixed with dough & ½ for garnish
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixer bowl, sift red velvet cake mix and flour.
- Add egg, ½ of candy cane bits (pounded), canola or vegetable oil, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Mix the ingredients until smooth and blended. Don’t over mix.
- Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop and scoop cookie batter. Form batter into a ball. Note: The ice cream scoop I used has a diameter of 2 inches to make big cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie ball with powdered sugar. In a zip lock bag or a bowl whichever is easier for you, add powdered sugar, roll and fully coat cookie ball.
- Place cookie ball in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cookies should be 2 to 2 ½ inches apart.
- Garnish with remaining candy cane bits.
- Bake cookies between 12 to 17 minutes. Cookies will crack while baking. Note: Oven temperature vary, so adjust baking time accordingly.
- Cool down cookies completely before transferring to a serving plate. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 10 big cookies. Use the whole box of Betty Crocker mix to double the recipe.
- Store cookies in a well sealed container.