Get into the spirit of Christmas with this easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies recipe. Crinkles, Kringles or Crackle however you call it, it is addicting. These crinkle cookies are festive and elegant that adds to your décor. They are lovely and delicious.
Try this simple, easy and decadent Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies recipe that the whole family can make together. Watch your kids have fun rolling these cookies in powdered sugar and see it crackle while baking. This is a great way to get your kids involved and busy while you are preparing other stuff for your gathering.
During the holiday season, everyone is busy making their favorite dishes and desserts. Desserts are a great give away to relatives, friends, co-workers and neighbors. It is also great to take to potlucks.
This dessert is so easy to make using the Betty Crocker red velvet cake mix. It saved me a lot of time instead of measuring so many ingredients. Also, it came out very delicious. Who doesn't want that! You can use a different brand of cake mix and I'm sure you'll appreciate the time you saved by using a cake mix.
For a more colorful spread, make some Green Crinkle Cookies as well.
Green and Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are a treat that everyone will enjoy during these festive season.
One thing I love about these cookies is how easy it is to make. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients and another 12 to 17 minutes to bake. You are not slaving yourself in the kitchen and you have more R&R to yourself. Make it a few days before your party and store it in an airtight container.
Today's Delight has more dessert recipes, go check it out.
How to Make this Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Do you like candy cane, try this Red Velvet Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies with chocolate minty flavor.
Easy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe using Cake Mix
- 1 ¾ cups red velvet Betty Crocker mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, sift red velvet cake mix and flour.
- Add egg, canola or vegetable oil, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Mix ingredients until smooth. Don’t over mix.
- Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to get cookie batter and form into a ball. Note: I used an ice cream scoop with a diameter of 2 inches to make big cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a zip lock bag or in a bowl, add powdered sugar. Roll and fully coat cookie balls with powdered sugar.
- Place cookie balls in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies between 12 to 17 minutes. Cookies will crack while baking. Note: Oven temperature vary, adjust baking time accordingly.
- Let cookies cool down completely. Enjoy!