Roasted garlic crab and garlic noodle is a scrumptious seafood dish that will make you drool. The garlic noodle complement the roasted garlic crab so well. I use linguine and it is delicious.
This roasted garlic crab copycat recipe was inspired by Thanh Long in San Francisco and Crustacean in Beverly Hills, California.
If you’ve been there, you know what I mean. They are well known for their roasted garlic crab and garlic noodle which is a family secret recipe.
Blue crabs is a great substitute for Dungeness crabs. It is sweet and tasty compared to any other type of crab. Thank God for this copycat recipe, we can now have roasted garlic crab and garlic noodle at the comfort of our home for a lot less money.
This roasted garlic crab and garlic noodle recipe is spot on, but I did some minor tweaking to the recipe.
Instead of using dungeness crabs, I used blue crabs.
Also, I half cooked the crabs before sautéing. I skipped the olive oil instead I used butter when sautéing the garlic and also kept the garlic in my sauce.
I decided not to add the parmesan cheese and it turned out great even without the cheese.
If you don’t like it too garlicky then discard the garlic after sautéing. I love roasted garlic so I kept it and it blended well with the noodles.
At the Asian store where I go, we are able to select the crabs and we always buy live crabs. While I was selecting the crabs I had people around me watching.
One crab fell and we all yelled. The guy next to me was laughing as I was chasing the crab with the tong. Then one lady said, oh you forgot to get the feet – she was pointing to the claw that detached from the crab. LOL
It is never easy for me to choose crabs. Crabs tend to grab each other so it is so hard to select.
I like female crabs and if I see an orange hue on the side of the crab cover that’s the one I want.
The orange hue is an indication that the crab is full of fat. I call it the crabs caviar which is so delicious but to others it is yucky!
Well anyway for $6.99 a pound it better be good. If they have female crabs and are fat, I end up buying tons of it.
For some reason, they usually have just male crabs. My brother lives in another state and they only get it for $2.99 a pound. That sucks!
If you are intimidated How to Clean Live Crabs watch my video. You can tell that I am also afraid of these angry crabs.
Cleaning them is not easy since I am trying to avoid being clawed. My mom is right, slightly turn on the hot water and it will be easier to clean them. I feel bad for them but they are so good. So sorry!
Originally, I found the recipe here. But after reading his blog, he mentioned that he got the recipe from another site.
How to Cook Roasted Garlic Crab Recipe Similar to
Thanh Long in San Francisco
You are probably drooling by now. Watch my video how to make roasted garlic crab and garlic noodles recipe.
Try this recipe today, you will definitely love it. It is full of deliciousness… magluto na tayo!
Roasted Garlic Crab Recipe
- 3 blue crabs half cooked and cut in half
- ½ stick unsalted butter/4 tablespoons
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chicken flavor bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Clean and brush the crabs.
- Put crabs in a deep pot. Add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. As soon crabs turn red. Turn off heat. Let it cool. Once cool use a big knife and cut in half.
- In a large pan or wok, heat butter over medium-low heat. Saute garlic until golden. Add chicken bouillon powder, black peppers and sugar. Blend well. Add crab and mix well for a minute. Turn off heat and transfer the crab and sauce to an oven safe container.
- Pre-heat oven and and bake at 350 degree F for 20 minutes. Serve hot with garlic noodles.
- Note: While crabs are cooking in the oven start making the garlic noodles.
- Here's the Garlic Noodle Recipe.
More Delicious Crab Recipes
Louisiana Shrimp and Crab Boil
How to Steam a Frozen Cooked Alaskan King Crab Legs
Seafood Kare Kare
Leave a Comment