Salmon with Lemon and Dill is a quick and easy recipe that you can prepare even on busy weeknight. The combination of lemon and dill complements the salmon so well. This salmon dish is simple, light and delicious.
Whenever our neighbor, who is a good friend of ours, makes this dish she would share it with us. She makes it at least once a month on her day off and she’ll bring over a big fillet of salmon.
Sometimes, instead of making it ourselves, we just wait for her to make it with her magic touch. It is so scrumptious when she makes it. By the way, this is her recipe. So nice of her to share.
For easy clean-up, I baked the salmon wrapped in foil. If there’s any leftover, I use the same foil to store it. So one less plate to wash.
You can use a baking dish, if you like. If using foil, make sure it is long enough to wrap around the salmon.
Before placing the salmon in foil, spray or brush foil with olive oil.
As a habit, anytime I buy fish or meat I always wash it before cooking and pat dry with paper towel.
Also, if Wild Alaskan Salmon is available, I prefer that over farm raised. Costco usually carry both but at times, they only have farm raised.
If you have an air fryer, this salmon recipe can be air fried at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or try this easy Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Salmon.
Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill Ingredients
So anyway, all you need to do is throw in all the ingredients in the foil, seal and bake and you’re done.
Wait for about 20 to 25 minutes and you are ready to eat this delicious salmon smothered with fresh dill and lemon. Baking time will vary depending on how thick the salmon.
It is so easy and delicious that I can have it any day of the week. Pair it with your favorite vegetables and you have one nutritious meal.
Any leftover dill can be stored in the fridge for a week and half, wrapped in paper towel and placed in plastic or zip lock.
How to Bake Salmon with Lemon and Dill
Salmon with Lemon and Dill
- 1 pound salmon fillet wild or farm raised
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a foil long enough to wrap salmon fillet. Grease lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place salmon in foil.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and ground pepper.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add butter on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle chopped dill and cover the whole salmon.
- Wrap foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Note: Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of salmon.
- Two minutes before turning off the oven switch to broil to brown top of salmon. Open foil.
- For moist and easy cleanup bake salmon in foil.
- It is way tastier if you broil for about 2 minutes before turning off the oven. Open foil so dill and salmon edges can brown a bit. Don't burn it though.
Looking for Delicious Healthy Salmon Recipes
Salmon with Lime, Cilantro and Jalapeno
Leave a Comment