Salmon Fish Tacos – yay it's Taco Tuesday! Once in a while I still go out for Taco Tuesday but since I have all the time right now – I make my homemade Salmon Fish Tacos with lime, cilantro and jalapeno sauce. So so good.
June, July and August are salmon months. They are available all year round but wild caught are abundant during these months. I’ve been to Costco a few times looking for wild sockeye but they don’t have it, just farm-raised salmon. Around this time too they used to have wild whole salmon but not this time. Maybe they have it at the end of July or August. Oh well.
Anyway, if you love fish you will like this salmon tacos recipe. It is light, savory and full of deliciousness especially when paired with spicy margarita and mango salsa. The nice thing about cooking salmon it doesn’t take hours to cook. Twenty-five minutes in the oven your meal is ready.
One thing I like about lime, cilantro and jalapeno sauce it mask the salmons fishy smell. When I cook salmon I usually poach it in water. I learned that trick from my cousin. Before that when I have a leftover I end up tossing it since I don’t like the smell when nuking. There was a time when I ate salmon for 3 months to lower my triglyceride and it did worked but wasted so much leftovers. I digress again.
By the way, this is in fact left over salmon from the night before plus I have 100 pieces of corn tortillas in the fridge. I bought it at Costco. Don't know what to do with all these tortillas.
OK enough here’s the salmon fish tacos recipe and a video to go with it. Enjoy!
How to Cook Salmon Fish Tacos
Interested in learning how to cook salmon fish tacos – watch my video.
Salmon Fish Tacos for Taco Tuesday
- 2 pound salmon fillet
- 1 lime juiced, save lemon rind
- Lemon rind zested and cut into circles
- 5 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make Salmon Fish Tacos
- 10 - 12 corn or flour tortilla 6 inches
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Rinse salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towel.
- Before juicing lime get it zested. Don’t discard the lime rind instead cut it into circles.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and jalapeño in food processor until well blended. Set aside.
- Prepare baking sheet lined with foil.
- Lay half of lime rind on the baking sheet.
- Place salmon on top of lime rind.
- Add remaining rind on top of salmon. Also, sprinkle zested lime.
- Pour sauce (lime juice – olive oil mixture) over salmon.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes then switch to broil for 5 minutes.
- Warm corn tortilla on the stove or in the toaster.
- Make tacos with salmon, onion, tomato and cilantro in the tortilla.
- Pair with mango salsa, guacamole or whatever sauce you like.
If You Love Tacos - Watch for this post - Pork Tacos Recipe