Cooking barbecue ribs in oven during winter is the way to go. Instead of exposing yourself to the harsh elements, it is best to cook indoors.
Super Bowl is this weekend and barbecue ribs sounds really good. I know people who loves to grill or barbecue during winter time. But with the recent polar vortex, you are crazy to be out there braving the bone-chilling weather for barbecue ribs. With below zero temperature and -50 wind chill, a few minutes outside you can get frostbite.
Another alternative to cooking this delicious, moist, juicy barbecue ribs is at the comfort of your heated cozy home. Can you imagine barbecuing outside with layers and layers of clothing and your hair, eyelids and beard frozen?
Cooking Barbecue Ribs in Oven is not a bad idea. It renders an equally decadent, melt in your mouth ribs. Cook indoors, enjoy the game and have beer at the same time. No way you can have beer while grilling outside – beer will be icy frozen in a minute and so are you!
Other Delicious Ribs Recipe
Maple Baby Back Ribs BBQ Sauce
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs with Beer
Grilled Korean Beef Short Ribs
How to Barbecue Ribs in Oven
Video coming soon!
Barbecue Ribs in Oven
- 4 pounds pork ribs
- ½ cup & 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper powder
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash and peel off tough membrane from the bony side of the ribs.
- Make rub by combining the following ingredients: sugar, salt, smoke paprika, garlic powder, chili peppers and ground pepper.
- Spread rub evenly on both sides of ribs.
- Wrap ribs with heavy duty foil and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Depending on the size of ribs bake between 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from oven once tender.
- Open foil and evenly spread your favorite barbecue sauce. I use Sweet and Spicy Baby Ray and it is delicious.
- Switch oven to broiler and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. It will burn easily so when sauce becomes bubbly remove it from oven.
- Cut ribs and serve with corn or any sides you desire. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment