Watermelon, Feta and Tomato Salad is a refreshing salad to have during summer. The first time I had this salad was thru a good friend of mine but without the mint leaves.
It seems like Greeks use feta cheese in everything and it is perfect with watermelon.
I was watching “The Chew” and this salad was featured.
Watermelon is in season and the small ones are on sale for 75 cents. That is so cheap. Bought only 2 so we can try it first.
I don’t know what I was thinking but when I came back, the sale was over by a day. Suck! It was so juicy and sweet.
Well anyway, I still have one left. This Watermelon, Feta and Tomato Salad will definitely complement the barbecue pulled pork I am making. This salad is so light and refreshing.
Chill the watermelon and tomato before making the salad. When done making it. place the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
A juicy, sweet and cold watermelon is heavenly especially on a sweltering day.
So, while watermelons are in season. Make it today.
How to Make Watermelon, Feta and Tomato Salad
Can I substitute champagne vinegar with white wine vinegar?
Can I make it without the mint?
Yes, in fact even without the tomato it is delicious.
Would you like to try another salad make with watermelon. Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad is healthy and delicious as well. Try it!
Watermelon, Feta and Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 cups seedless watermelon cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large roma tomato cut into ½ to 1-inch wedges
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ⅛ cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Refrigerate watermelon and tomato before making this salad.
- In a small bowl, combine champagne vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk mixture until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add watermelon, tomato, crumbled feta cheese and mint. Pour the champagne vinegar mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate before serving. Enjoy!
Original recipe adapted from "The Chew".