Cantaloupe Vodka Cocktail is a refreshing drink for the summer time. It is best to make while cantaloupe is in season. They are abundant, cheap and very sweet at this time.
I like fruits that are not too ripe but when making cantaloupe drinks I prefer it very ripe. That means less sugar to add.
Have you ever tried a Cantaloupe Vodka Cocktail? If you like cantaloupe, there's a big chance you will like this drink.
I love eating chilled cantaloupe or in a drink or smoothie with or without vodka.
My mom doesn't care for cantaloupe but when I make the drink - she's begging for more. It's funny because she tells me she doesn't taste the vodka. I am afraid to add more, it might interfere with her meds.
My mom is not a drinker but our family, in general, has a high alcohol tolerance. One of my mom favorite is ice cream with Kahlua.
This cantaloupe was so ripe and very sweet, so I added only ½ a cup of simple syrup.
I don't use granulated sugar in my drinks since it doesn't completely dissolve and I hate to see sugar settling at the bottom of my glass.
I prefer to use simple syrup and it is so easy to make. Save your money and make your own simple syrup.
Cantaloupes are so sweet this time of year, so I will be making Frozen Cantaloupe Margarita for July 4th.
If you are looking to make drinks for July 4th, try my Spicy Margarita recipe. It is so good and refreshing with a kick. Tequila and jalapeno combined.
You'll love it.
When making drinks, don't forget to chill your glasses for at least an hour in the fridge. If you like to rim your glasses with salt or sugar, click the link and check out my post.
How to Make Cantaloupe Vodka Cocktail
Relax and have a Cantaloupe Vodka Cocktail. Watch my video and I'll show you how to make it.
Kids can also enjoy this drink - of course without the vodka. I added vodka last so I can set aside a pitcher of non-alcohol cantaloupe drink for the kids.
Cantaloupe Vodka Cocktail Recipe
- 1 big cantaloupe very ripe, peeled, cut into cubes
- ½ cup simple syrup
- 2 to 3 cups water
- melon balls for garnish
- ½ to 1 oz vodka per glass depending on your preference
- Cut cantaloupe into half.
- Remove seeds and place in a strainer.
- Use a muddler and extract the juice.
- Add some water and extract more juice. When done discard seed.
- If you want melon balls to garnish the drinks take half of the melon and use a melon baller. Set aside.
- Peel the cantaloupe and cut into cubes.
- Put in the blender with water and simple syrup.
- Pulse a few times then toss-in ice cubes.
- Press the smoothie button on the blender.
- Taste to see if you need to add more simple syrup.Note: A very ripe cantaloupe will require less sugar. So this will depend on your taste.
- This is the time to get non-alcoholic drinks for the kids and anyone who doesn't like vodka.
- Add vodka and garnish drinks with melon balls.