Try this easy Sayote Omelette with Pork and Shrimp with savory and creamy gravy.
Sayote Omelette is sautéed in onion, garlic, tomato, pork & shrimp. Mixture is enclosed in beaten eggs to an omelette poured over with creamy gravy.
Quick and easy omelette dish that you can prepare for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Although, it is made with sayote or chayote squash, kids will love it too.
Sayote usually used in cooking but to my surprise it is also used in salads. Also, I’ve always referred to it as a vegetable but in fact, it is a fruit which is a good source of Vitamin C.
In my opinion, it is best consumed cook, tender but crisp. It is not as good when it gets soggy and mushy when overcooked.
As with any kid, vegetable is not something to look forward to for dinner. My mom was smart to incorporate sayote (chayote) and upo (bottle gourd) into an omelette smothered with creamy gravy.
She makes this simple omelette recipe appealing and appetizing in our eyes that she never had to force us to shoved it in our mouths.
This Sayote Omelette with Pork and Shrimp is prepared and cooked similar to Ginisang Sayote and Ginisang Upo. As you can tell, it is very easy and any leftover can be made into this delicious omelette.
Your family will not even notice you are serving a leftover.
If pressed for time and you want a quick dish that everyone will enjoy, try this omelette dish.
How to Make Sayote Omelette with Pork and Shrimp
Try this Delicious Breakfast Egg Bacon Spinach Omelette, you will love it.
Click the link.
More Vegetable Dish
Sayote Omelette with Pork and Shrimp
- 1 sayote chayote, peeled & julienned
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large tomato cubed
- ¼ pound ground pork
- ¼ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in ¼ cup warm broth
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion until translucent.
- Add garlic, cook until golden.
- Add tomato, cook until soft and limp. When soft, mash with kitchen utensil.
- Add pork, cook until pale.
- Toss-in shrimp. Cook until pink.
- Pour water or broth. Bring to a boil. Note: Have at least a cup of broth after cooking. This will be used as gravy.
- Lower heat. Toss-in sayote and cook until tender but crisp and not soggy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Drain broth from mixture and transfer to a bowl. Reserve broth.
- This omelette recipe will make 3 servings of omelette. 2 beaten eggs per omelette.
- While broth is warm, place ¼ cup broth in a cup and dilute 2 tablespoons cornstarch. This will be used later to thicken gravy.
- In the same pan or a different pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Pour 2 beaten eggs to make 1 serving of omelette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread egg into a circle by tilting pan from side to side.
- When egg is half-cooked, place some sayote mixture on one side of egg then flip the other side of egg to enclose sayote mixture.
- Continue cooking for a minute or 1 ½ minutes. Remove and place in a serving platter.
- Finish cooking all the omelette.
- On the same pan, pour broth, bring to a simmer.
- Slowly pour cornstarch mixture and stirring constantly so you don’t end up with lumps.
- Sauce will thicken. Once thick and smooth, remove from heat.
- Pour over omelette. Garnish with green onion.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!