Shredded Beef with Worcestershire Sauce is a simple and easy stir fry made with floured shredded beef marinated in soy sauce, green and red bell pepper with added flavor of Worcestershire sauce.
Honestly, I don’t know the name of this dish but my mom made it frequently and we love it. It doesn’t take much time to prepare and very flavorful.
Serve this delicious dish over white rice.
How to Cook Shredded Beef with Worcestershire Sauce
Use tri-tip steak, chuck steak or sirloin steak for a more tender meat. Although tougher, top round steak can be used too since it will be sliced thinly.
Slice beef thinly about 3x the size of a matchstick. Julienne beef to 3 inches long. This doesn’t take long to cook so don’t overcook it. Beef can get tough if cooked longer. You want a tender, juicy meat.
It helps to have beef semi-frozen when cutting thinly and across the grain.
Flour is used to coat beef instead as a thickener since this dish is on the dry side. When beef is pan-seared, flour imparts flavor more than thickness. It acts as protective barrier that renders a thin crust that keeps the meat moist and tender.
You can use cornstarch too, I don’t see why not. But I have learned it using flour, so I continued my mom's way. If you do, cut the measurement to 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch.
Slightly add some Worcestershire sauce for a subtle complex flavor.
Cut the green and red bell pepper into thin strips as well as the onion for garnish. These vegetables are added a couple of minutes before turning off the heat. Keep it crisp.
This dish is also scrumptious with bean sprout (togue). Add it at the same time as the bell peppers to keep it crisp and crunchy.
If adding bean sprout, add more soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce if needed.
Try Other Delicious Healthy Stir Fry Recipe
- Shrimp and Mushroom Stir Fry
- Chinese Celery with Tofu Stir Fry (Ginisang Kinchay at Tokwa)
- Chicken Celery and Tofu Stir Fry
- Chicken Chop Suey with Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Stir-fry Bulgogi Eggplant
- Stir Fried Green Beans with Pork and Asparagus
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- Tofu Veggie Stir-Fry in Peanut Garlic Brown Sauce
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce
Shredded Beef with Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pound beef (tri-tip, chuck or sirloin steak) cut matchstick style or julienned
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 big onion ¾ chopped and ½ julienned for garnish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small green bell pepper julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper julienned
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a skillet, add oil over medium heat.
- Marinate beef in soy sauce for 15 minutes or so, then coat with flour.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add garlic until golden.
- Stir fry beef for 3 minutes.
- Stir-in Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Toss-in green and red bell pepper. Cook for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add julienned onion and turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Top Round Steak can be used too. I used tri-tip steak.
- Don't over season with Worcestershire sauce.
- Bean Sprout (togue) can be added too at the same as julienned onion. You want it crisp, not soggy.
- Season with salt, if needed. I don't since soy sauce is already salty.