Breakfast Tacos with Chorizo Eggs and Potatoes is a great way to start your day. When I was working almost everyday someone was taking orders for breakfast tacos. It was hard to pass. It was so delicious and very satisfying. Yeah, there was a time when I ordered almost every day and it kept me full till lunch time.
Bought this spicy chorizo at Sprouts and it was so good. If I remember it right they have pork and beef chorizo. For this breakfast tacos I used Pork Chorizo with a kick. Before I went to bed, I parboiled a huge potato so in the morning it doesn’t take long to make it. You know as a food blogger before I can eat this food I need some good decent pictures. So I was starving and salivating while taking all these pictures.
You can use your favorite salsa and tortilla (flour or corn). One of these days I’ll have a post for homemade salsa and tortilla. I was busy so decided to buy tortilla at Costco. For 110 pieces of tortilla I believe I paid less than $4 or $6. How can you beat that? That’s a lot of tortillas.
Can I just fry the potatoes and skip parboiling?
Is it OK not to peel the potatoes?
Yes, but depending on the potatoes you will use.
Can I warm the tortilla in the microwave?
Yes for about 20 to 30 seconds with damp paper towel on top. I find it easier to warm it in the toaster.
How to Make Breakfast Tacos with Chorizo Eggs and Potatoes
Breakfast Tacos with Chorizo Eggs and Potatoes
- 1 large russet potato peeled and cubed after parboiled
- 4 eggs beaten
- 6 oz or ¾ pound spicy pork chorizo, use beef if you like & no casing
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tortillas flour or corn
- Salsa your favorite
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Place potato in a pot half filled with water over medium heat. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Partially cook the potato. Drain water and set aside to cool. Once cool, peel and dice.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Toss-in and fry the boiled potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While frying potatoes warm up tortillas in the microwave or on the stove.
- Once potatoes are done transfer it to the warm tortillas.
- Saute 1/3 of the onions for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Mix with the eggs.
- On the same pan, cook the scrambled eggs. As the bottom of the eggs cook, from one end of the pan using a flat kitchen utensil push the eggs toward the center so the liquid eggs can cook. Flip the eggs to cook it completely. Chop the eggs into bite size while on the pan.
- When eggs are done transfer it to the tortillas with potatoes.
- Saute 1/3 of onions until soft.
- Add and cook chorizo depending on your preference. I like mine well-done and crisp.
- Once done transfer on the tortillas.
- Garnish tacos with onions, lime wedges, cilantro or parsley and cheese.
- Serve with your favorite salsa. Enjoy!