Make this Spooktacular Dracula’s Dentures for Halloween to put a smile in your kids faces. This Dracula’s Dentures recipe is easy made with cookies, mini marshmallow, vanilla frosting or vanilla wafers and red gel coloring.
It is something you can make on the day of Halloween. Make your kids favorite cookies or if you don’t have time store-bought cookies will work as well.
Halloween will be different this year. Unfortunately, kids cannot just wonder around the neighborhood or go to the mall for Halloween treats.
Two months ago, Dracula’s Denture was featured in Yahoo and I got a kick over it. I checked the recipe at Delish and it was easy.
Last month, I got mini marshmallows but never had time to make it instead we were munching on it. I got another bag a few weeks ago and finally I got my hands on it.
Things You Need to Make Dracula’s Dentures
(1) Cookies – Homemade or store bought cookies.
Tip: Use flat cookies. If your homemade cookie recipe is plump, flatten before baking.
(2) Ghirardelli White Vanilla Melting Wafers (Substitute with vanilla frosting) – Melt wafers in the microwave then stir-in a few drops of red gel coloring. This will be used as Dracula’s gums.
Note: For Dracula’s fangs, I am also using wafers instead of almond slivers just in case your kid is allergic to nuts.
(3) Red Gel Coloring
(4) Mini Marshmallows
As you can see, you can buy everything pre-made and all you need to do is assemble it. You can buy frosting too at your local grocer.
How to Make Dracula’s Dentures
(1) You can use 1 cookie cut in half to make 1 denture. I used 2 cookies and cut a small piece on one side. Prepare all the cookies you need.
(2) Carefully cut wafers with knife to make fangs.
(3) Melt wafers and stir-in red gel coloring. Let it cool a bit but not harden.
(4) If you like to add a tongue, drop a teaspoon of tinted melted wafer on a parchment paper or foil, spread and shape into a tongue. Let it cool to harden. Pull parchment paper or foil gently.
(5) Now, you can assemble the denture. Spread melted wafer around the bottom of 1 cookie halves.
(6) Lay marshmallow around the edges before wafer hardens. Set aside for 2 minutes.
(7) Take another halve cookie, spread melted wafer around and put it on top of the 1st halve.
(8) Insert the fangs.
(9) When making dentures with tongue, make 2 halves with marshmallows. The top halve will not have marshmallow at the back instead spread some melted wafer and adhere to the bottom halve on top of back marshmallows. Tilt up until it hardens. Insert tongue then tint fangs with some red gel coloring.
Note: You have to be quick when using melted wafers. It can harden quickly.
If you are looking for a NOT TOO SWEET COOKIE RECIPE, try this Maple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Note: This cookie is plump and doesn't spread out, so flatten before baking.
How to Make Dracula’s Dentures for Halloween
- 6 cookies homemade or store-bought
- 20 pieces Ghirardelli White Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers melted
- 6 pieces wafers for fangs
- red gel coloring
- mini marshmallows
- Cut a small piece on one side of cookie. Note: You can use 1 cookie and cut in half but I prefer a bigger denture so I am using 6 cookies.
- Use a knife and gently cut wafers to make fangs.
- Melt wafers in the microwave. Start with 10 seconds, then stir. Then 5 seconds increment until it is melted.
- Stir-in a few drops of red gel coloring in melted wafers.
- Spread melted wafer around the edges of a cookie halve. Set aside for 2 minutes until it hardens.
- Take another cookie halves and spread melted wafer around the edges. Place this on top of the other cookie halve with marshmallow.
- Insert the fangs before wafer hardens.
For Dracula’s Dentures with Tongue
- Follow the procedure above and make 2 halves with marshmallows. The top halve will not have marshmallow at the back instead spread some melted wafer and adhere to the bottom halve with marshmallow. Tilt it up until it hardens. Insert tongue then tint fangs with some red gel coloring.
- Make it in advance and place in fridge.
- Leave in room temperature as long as it is not hot so wafers doesn’t melt.
- Use flat cookies.
- If fangs doesn't adhere, dip tip in melted wafer then reattach.